Monday, October 03, 2005

Primetime is Back

For the last five years I have not be able to truly appreciate primetime T.V., which is sad because I really love it. Instead, I have had classes, work and study groups that have kept me away from my shows. The worst was this spring, I was getting up so early (4-5am) that I would fall asleep!

So now it all starts over on a clean slate. I work relatively normal hours and have a DVR so I am sure not to miss my shows. This season is off to a great start. There are so many good shows on now, I love it. Check out my thought and let me know what you think.

Favorite New Comedy
- This one is tied between two new shows, How I Met Your Mother and Kitchen Confidential. Both show have some favorite actors and witty writing.

Favorite New Reality Show
- Is there even a new one out there?

Favorite New Drama
- Bones. When I watched the coming attractions, I was excited to see David Boreanz playing a character who isn't "all bad and moody", only to tune in and find out his character is just that.

Favorite Returning Comedy
- Will and Grace. The live show premiere was awesome.

Favorite Returning Drama
- Lost. I didn't really get into this show until the week before it premiered, but I am hooked. The dialogue is always sharp and creative and the story line just keeps getting stranger and stranger.
Favorite Returning Reality Show
- The Amazing Race. I love this show, you couldn't write stuff like it. The family concept is a little weird, but it give the boards more people to make fun of.

Favorite News Show
- The Daily Show. It just rocks and I can't wait until the Colbert Report begins on 10/17/05. A whole hour of fake news, I won't know what to do with myself.

Anyway, those are my favorites, what are yours?

No comments: