Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bragging Rights

One of the things I have discovered over these past few months since embarking on my new career is I have to write about myself, a lot! Now for those of you who know and love me, you know that I don't really have a problem talking about myself, or really talking at all for that matter. However, I have found some difficulty in writing about me!

One of the many marketing tools used in the real estate business is the sphere of influence (SOI); a database of your friends, family, coworkers, acquaintances, etc. These are the people who already know you and need to know that you have begun a new career. They know people, often people who are going to need your services, and are more then happy to recommend or even use you if they only knew what you were up to. One of the projects I have been working on is putting together my SOI and preparing a letter, all about me and my new career, to go out to my sphere.

One of the other important tool is the biography. If your a longtime visitor to my blog, you'll notice a new addition. The short little bio at the top of the page is my first step in creating and maintaining a professional biography. This will grow as my business grows, but for now it's not bad! :)

Okay, by now you're thinking to yourself why is Jessica writing about this and why do I care? Well, I have a challenge for you. I challenge you to write a short bio about yourself, and Uncle Sheddy, I was born, I live, I will die does not count. Post your bio under the comments section and the winning bio will win a copy of one of my favorite non-fiction books Eats, Shoots & Leaves.

Good luck and may the best write win!

No comments: