Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Never Ending Story

As I have said many times before, I am a huge fan of TV on DVD. To me this is a way to watch my favorite shows, even those that are now long cancelled, whenever I want, over and over again. The other day I was yet again watching Dark Angel and I found myself wondering why such a fantastic series was cancelled. As a result, I found myself googling Dark Angel and what I found was amazing.

Did you know that there are sites out there where the series never ended? Some very talented writers, with apparently too much time on their hands, have continued to write the series into a fourth season, a virtual season.

Virtual Seasons!

You know those cancelled shows that were always just a bit ahead of their times or had a kind of cult following? They all live on in these Virtual Seasons. I was completely amazed with this new kind of reality that I spent hours reading the various episodes. All my favorites were there; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dark Angel, Sports Night and even SeaQuest DSV/2032.

I know, I know, you all are shaking your heads and secretly calling me a dork, (well Uncle Sheddy is calling me a dork out loud) but I felt the need to share. Mostly, because while I know you think I am a dork, I often feel the same about most of you. (I mean that in the most loving way) Besides, I often feel it's my job to occasionally educate you with useless knowledge, you never know when you're going to need an icebreaker!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me? Call you a dork? Never!