Monday, July 25, 2005

Drive Me Crazy

Today was my first full day in Spokane and it has been wonderful. Okay so I have gotten lost a few times, but I got a map and things are looking up. However, I have one tiny comment…what’s with the one way streets? I mean really, how much more effective can they be?

Let me back up and explain. The senior center where the Boot Camp is being held is no where near any of the hotels. This means that I had to rent a car, which in turn means that I have to drive from point A to point B, in a strange city. Now let me remind you, I get lost in not so strange cities like Vegas and Reno and at least there I have a general idea of where things are. Here, I am out of control. I finally found the senior center and when I got in my car to leave I figured I would just go back the way I came, right? WRONG! Why, because apparently the way I came no longer exists for me.

But, there is an up side. I looked on my map and confirmed there is no La Flaminia in Spokane! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Flamenia! *lol*
All roads lead to Rome but you can never get out again :-P

Anonymous said...

Ah, Rome....Bella, bella, you cut your teeth on the City of Rome street map.....it's a little different when you are the driver and the navigator...as for me, I prefer the "back seat"....

Jessica said...

I don't think I want to know about you prefering the "back seat".

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad you seem to be getting along in my fine state. Spokane is an interesting place. Be sure to try Roxy's (I think) for some of the best brick oven pizza around!

Bryna