Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Morning After

I'm still alive, in case any of you were wondering, although I have yet to get out of bed. My brain is still very fuzzy, but I have noticed some interesting things.

The big 3 Nevada papers are buzzing with the news of the special session and what was on the agenda and I think that once everyone actually has time to sit down and read the bills they passed out, perceptions might change a bit. Things were going so fast there, copies of the bills and time was limited, that I'm sure mistakes were made. We'll have to wait and see what happens over the next biennium.

In the meantime, I have one little bit of legislative trivia left. Each Senator serves a 4 year term, elected during the even years. (Each term has 2 regular sessions in it) The Assembly, on the other hand, is only elected for a 2 year term or 1 regular session.

No comments: