Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Girl's Night Out

The bachelorette party weekend was a huge success.

I started the weekend almost missing my flight. I was the dork who thought her plane left at 4:15 instead of 2:55. I arrived at the airport 5 minutes after my plane was supposed to leave. Lucky for me, the flight was delayed and I had an awesome ticketing agent who ran me across the airport, through security and to my gate just in time to make the flight. I had the last seat in the last row and my bags had to be checked, but I was on that plane.

Friday night I just hung around with Michelle, her fiance Tory and his friend. We went to the movies, (The Transporter 2) had drinks and dessert, (Claim Jumper) went to the Atlantis (the boys gambled while Michelle and I played arcade games) and eventually ate breakfast. (the Peppermill) I didn't even get back to my room until 4am.

Saturday was the big day. I was up at 7:30am and ready to go. Michelle met me at my room and our first event of the day was a t-ball game. Then it was on to the mall for power shopping where we found Michelle the perfect part shirt and me yet more books. (I need a 12 step program) We returned to my room at the Circus Circus at 4pm, exhausted and hungry, nothing room service and a nap couldn't fix. By 6:30pm when we left for the restaurant (On The Border) we were back to our normal, giddy selves.

Dinner was a blast. Everybody looked great and the food was excellent. The best part was the cake, I'll leave the design of it up to your imagination. After dinner, we moved the party back to the Circus Circus - Silver Legacy - Eldorado common area. Michelle, her sister and I to all the hot venues and had a blast. We met some interesting people and danced like crazy.

At about midnight, Michelle's sister split her pants (boy does this sound familiar) and had to go back to the room to change them. She, however, is a lot less shy about her split then I was because she showed it off to anyone who would look. So after our trek to the room for the valet ticket, to valet, she finally changed her pants and was ready to go again.

Sadly, I was not. While dancing at the club, I had twisted my knee pretty badly, so I went back to the room. My plan was to take a shower, pack, then watch a movie while I waited for the girls to return. Well, the movie ended at about 4am and they still weren't back, so I turned off the T.V. and went to bed. About 2 hours later, I woke up and looked the clock. It was 6:09am, still dark and the girls had yet to return. I just thought the clock was wrong, but about an hour later they came storming into the room, giggling and still a bit tipsy. It took them an entire hour to calm down.

Anyway, we slept for about two more hours then walked Michelle's sister down to her car, got breakfast and went back to the room. At noon, I was on my way back to the airport, ready to be going home. It was a great weekend, But I was happy to finally get some sleep!

No comments: