Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Shopping Spree

Yesterday, my sister, Miranda and I went shopping. You see, my friend, Michelle, is getting married and her bachelorette party is in Reno this weekend. This means that I have to have all the little party favors purchase before I go so that I can ship them to myself in Reno. There is no way I am taking that stuff on the plane. With my luck, my bag will be searched and it'll be some old, grandmotherly women like Dr. Sue who will have no problem flashing my goodies for all to see.

Now I know some of you are thinking that if I am too embarrassed to be seen with them, then why am I even buying them. Let me just say there's a vast difference between using them as party favors in the party environment and quite another going through airport security. Besides, I don't want to take the chance they might be confiscated in the interest of "Homeland Security". So, I'll UPS them to myself at the bookstore and pick them up when I get there.

But, back to my shopping story. We went to two stores to find what I was looking for. The first was Spencer's gifts inside the mall. You know, I never really realized how raunchy this store was when I was a kid. They had some of the most interesting things in that store. Anyway, they have an entire section for pre-wedding parties and I found some fun, yet relatively tame party favors there.

After Spencer's we visited a store called The Love boutique. It was actually a really nice store, very clean, bright and fun. They had a great party section where I found some of the not so tame party favors and got some great game ideas. Overall, my shopping trip was a success, yet I still don't know what to get the bride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...they must be some party favors....have fun this weekend!