Tuesday, September 27, 2005

An Interesting Day

Do you ever have one of those days where some things so amazingly right and others go massively wrong? That was my day today.

I had some weird things go wrong. My dryer is only blowing cold air, my print order is messed up and my files just don't want to be converted into PDF. On the upside, I got everything on my daily to do list accomplished. I found myself working effectively and efficiently despite the bumps in the road. I even got more RSVPs for my birthday party on Saturday!

I think the best part was a very entertaining instant message conversation. To give you some background, I very rarely use my instant messenger. I may be logged on, but I don't realize it. So I was shocked when a message popped up. It turns out it was an entertaining guy who I used to talk to back in the dorm room days. Now for those of you who have lived with me, you know I love the whole local band scene. In fact, some of my favorite tracks are from LV and Reno local bands. (I think my first roommate was sick of Inside Scarlet by the end of the semester.) Anyway, it turns out this guy I met is part of a LV local band Blindsighted and they're fantastic!

Add to all this the premire of the best show on television, The Amazing Race. I am so excited, I can't wait! 3 hours till the race begins. I am so excited to watch it and even more excited to see what snarkwife will have to say about it tomorrow. Sometimes I don't know which is more entertaining, the show or the review.

Like I said, I had an interesting day. The ironic thing is I set my intentions to have an eventful day and to receive a pleasant surprise. It looks like my intentions came through

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.