Monday, September 26, 2005

Soccer Moms out of Control

I was driving to my mother's house the other day and had quite an interesting experience, I was yelled at by a yuppie soccer mom.

It happened quite unexpectedly. I was on my way to pick up my mother when I was passed by this Lexus SUV. When I got to the gated entrance of the subdivision, I found myself behind the SUV. So far everything is normal, I'm looking at the homes for sale in the neighborhood, I'm really not paying attention to the car in front of me. The Lexus was crawling through the neighborhood, not even going the 15 mile an hour speed limit. Then suddenly, the driver stops, pulls to the side of the road and waves me ahead. As I am applying pressure to the gas to pass the erratic driver, (I was at a dead stop) this soccer mom leans out of her window and yells, "What's your problem?"

I didn't think I was the one with a problem, but I shrugged and continued on my way. As I pulled into my mother's driveway, the SUV slows to a stop in front of the house. I am still in my car when the soccer mom honks her horn twice and continues to yell at me, "What's your problem? Why are you riding my @$$? Don't you know the speed limit?"

Completely out of control.

Let me clarify a few things...

I was driving the speed limit because the soccer mom in front of me was.
I wasn't riding her @$$. If I had been, I would have hit her when she brake checked me.
I don't have a problem. I'm not the one who has so much irrational anger that she needs to commit minor acts of road rage in a driveway.

A few days later, I another incident in my mother's neighborhood. I had just dropped her off and was on my way out when I had to come to a complete stop in the middle of the street. You see, two moms and a dad, each with baby strollers, were walking their babies in the middle of the road, not on the sidewalk, not off to the side, the middle of the road. The worst part is, they wouldn't move over.

I am not the only one I know who has run into these problems, I even know people who have had similar occurrences in that very same neighborhood. No wonder so many teenage drivers are involved in incidents of road rage, they've learned by example, right at mamma's knee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feed Etiquette
Here's one to consider adding to the blog etiquette meme: When you can, subscribe to a blog's FeedBurner feed first.
I really enjoy your blog, I have a site that may be of interest at http://customsuperhomes.com/jeffob It is about## Hurricane proof homes## and covers The## home business## that will change the world.

Jessica said...

Wow, do you think I can get a SPAM filter for my blog?

Anonymous said...

Turn on the word verification from your settings to prevent the spam.
I'll leave the neighborhood driving story for someone else to post :-)
Jessy's Mom